Feeling Good ~ Anytime!
Part of being a healthy, whole and happy person is pursuing that which makes feel good. Luckily we can easily make ourselves feel good by raising our body awareness and learning to listen to the cues our body gives us.
Think of your body as one big pleasure center where you get to play with all the toys, anytime you want. Let’s face it; your body is with you pretty much wherever you go, and therefore, you always have the opportunity to feel great!
Here are a few quick ways to get some immediate pleasure:
1. Relaxing Breath ~ take a series of 10 deep breaths, inhaling to a count of 4 seconds, holding the breath in for 8 seconds, and then exhaling for a count of 12 seconds.
2. Energizing Laughter ~ think of the funniest thing you, your child, or your pet has ever done and give yourself permission to laugh out loud about it for a minute.
3. Tingling Scalp Rub ~ imagine you’re at the salon and you’re having your hair washed. Use your finger nails & run your fingers through your hair, pressing as hard or soft as you like.
4. Natural Grounding ~ take your shoes and socks off and stand in the grass, in some sand, in the ocean, on a fuzzy rug, a cold tile floor…. move your toes around.
5. Stretching ~ move your body in a way that you don’t normally. Try to reach the sky touch your toes, elongate & contract, and breathe.
6. Getting a Hug ~ It doesn’t matter who it’s from. Hug it out, with love; even if it’s just you wrapping your own arms around yourself, hug & sigh with relief.
Feel good yet? Feel yourself and find out!